View our extensive product guides, FAQ’s, lab reports & blog articles
Frequently Asked Questions
CBD or Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring chemical compound or ‘Cannabinoid’ found in Marijuana (Cannabis) and hemp plants. Along with CBD, the cannabis plant contains between 70 – 100 other cannabinoids. Most people have heard of THC (Δ⁹-tetrahydrocannabinol) which is the psychoactive cannabinoid that gets people high. After THC, CBD is the second most abundant cannabinoid and is generally considered to be non-psychoactive.
Cannabinoids function as part of the endocannabinoid system; the body’s complex network of chemical compounds (Endocannabinoids) and receptors which are constantly working to bring the body into homeostasis and optimum functioning.
Cannabidol or CBD is considered safe to use but there is still much needed research to discover the full benefit of this food supplement. Some users can experiece side effects of CBD include fatigue so we always recommend to start of with a small dose and build your way up to a point where you really enjoy the benefits. CBD can increase the level of blood thinning and other medicines in your blood by competing for the liver enzymes that break down these drugs. Grapefruit has a similar effect with certain medicines. So it is recommended to let your doctor know if you are regularly using CBD.
The UK are increasing regulation in the CBD industry to ensure people get a reliable product. In the past a significant safety concern with CBD was how it was marketed and sold as a supplement, not a medication. Currently, the UK does not regulate the safety and purity of dietary supplements. So, to ensure trust, Enjoy CBD has third party lab results for every product in stock so you can see exactly you are buying. Every year more and more medical trials are being being carried out, if you would like to see one such example of the benefits to CBD you can read the trial here https://www.jmir.org/2021/10/e25730
When we talk about ‘the best CBD oil’ there are a few things to bear in mind:
- Where the CBD is sourced
- Is it organically grown? Organically sourced oils without additives indicate that the product is safe to use and better for the environment.
- Are the oils whole plant extract (also known as full spectrum)? This will ensure what’s called the entourage effect. The more cannabinoids (components of cannabis) working together, the bigger the health benefit compared to being taken individually.
- Has the CBD oil been produced through the CO2 extraction method? This will ensure no heat or solvents have been added to the production process that would degrade the product.
- We can ensure you that all CBD oils you can purchase at Enjoy CBD are all 100% organic, whole plant extract (or full spectrum) and produced through CO2 extraction.
- The strength of CBD oil
- The more concentrated the oil (the higher the mg amount per ml of oil) the larger the benefit. It is however important to slowly build up your dose to ensure adjustment of the cannabinoid system as everybody’s bodies differ in sensitivity.
- The volume of CBD
- If there is a CBD oil with high volume for example https://www.enjoycbd.co.uk/nuleaf-naturals-cbd/nuleaf-naturals-cbd-oil-6000mg-hemp-extract-100ml/ – it is important to look at the amount of mg per ml rather than just the volume alone. The strength of all Nuleaf Natural oils are in fact the same (60mg per 1ml). As you slowly build up the dose and take more drops this will increase the amount of CBD you are taking however the strength of oil in the Nuleaf Natural bottles do not change as you increase the volume size.
Start low and build up your dose. We would suggest by starting with a lower strength oil such as https://www.enjoycbd.co.uk/cbd-oil/premium-cbd-oil-500mg-10ml/ and once you have found your optimum dose (number of drops taken and the strength (mg) of oil), you can increase the bottle size (ml) so it lasts you longer. Another way of thinking about it is, once you have found an optimum dose that works for you and you have built up to taking more drops per dose, you can buy a stronger strength oil such as https://www.enjoycbd.co.uk/cbd-oil/premium-cbd-oil-1000mg-10ml/ and use less drops accordingly.
There are no nice clear instructions like you get on the side of an aspirin bottle. That’s because CBD dosing isn’t an exact science. Each company produces different strengths and types of CBD.
The effects of CBD will vary from person to person, so there is no hard and fast rules for dosing CBD apart from taking it on an empty stomach for maximum absorption. We always suggest to start slowly and gradually increase your dosage as you learn how your body responds.
This is called the ‘Up Titration method of dosing’ in which you gradually increase your dose, monitoring your response and observing carefully for any undesirable effects. Adverse reactions could be feeling overtired or over stimulated. CBD affects the adenosine receptors similar to caffeine. Some people report that too much CBD makes it hard to sleep, especially when taken late in the evening.
Your body will tell you when you have reached your limit. At this point back up and reduce your dose slightly for a few days and see if things change. Then you can either reduce or increase your dose until you find your sweet spot.
Yes, as long as you complete your order by 3pm UK time between Monday to Thursday. Excludes public holidays etc.
If you order on Friday before 3pm, your order will be delivered the next working day on Monday. If you order Next Day delivery on Friday evening, Saturday or Sunday, your order will go out with our couriers on Monday morning and be delivered on Tuesday.